The Striker® lets you lead like never before. Greater fire suppression, control, safety and versatility maximize your response like no other truck can.
Featuring the same exceptional fire suppression, control, safety and durability as the Striker® 4×4, with a larger capacity water tank. The Striker® 6×6 advances runway firefighting like nothing else in its class.
The Striker® 6×6 delivers:
- Innovative Fire Suppression
- Unmatched Chassis Performance
- Advanced Safety Systems
- Unsurpassed Reliability and Durability
- Smart Design
The conditions may be extreme. But so are the solutions. Each Oshkosh ARFF vehicle has been inspired by the specific demand of the runway while being built around the unique needs of firefighters.
Innovative Fire Suppression
CROSSLAYS –With the optional twin crosslays on the Striker, you can have up to 183 m of 45mm hose at your disposal– accessible from either side of the vehicle.
LARGE PUMP OPTION – Larger planes mean greater challenges. Oshkosh offers an optional 10,000 lpm pump to provide all of the water and/or foam you will need to meet these challenges.
BRONZE PUMP – Long ago, you asked for a corrosion resistant pump body. In response, Oshkosh made it available on the Striker®. That tradition of excellence carries forward on the Striker®.
ELECTRONIC FOAM PROPORTIONING –With this all new pressure governed system, the water pump knows what is required to meet your fire suppression needs and runs the engine just enough to meet those needs. This allows your vehicle to use less fuel – reducing overall wear and tear – yet still perform as only a Striker® can.
ADVANCED FIRE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGIES – Firefighters face new challenges every day. The new Striker® is designed to be ready for the latest technologies still under development, including ultra high-pressure water, compressed air foam systems (CAFS), and clean agent delivery systems.
Unmatched Chassis Performance
The new Striker® provides fast acceleration – a full second faster to 50 miles per hour – and delivers increased fuel economy from the 697 hp Tier 4i/Euro 5 emission compliant engine. It also delivers a lower center of gravity, tighter turning radius and, with the help of TAK-4® all-wheel independent suspension, the Striker delivers a confident and controlled ride.
LIGHTER WEIGHT – The Striker® is designed to be lighter by 5%. That means faster acceleration, for one thing. Also, better stopping distance. Best of all, it still possesses that quality and toughness that Oshkosh is known for.
Advanced Safety Systems
Safety is built into all aspects of the Striker® – from the cab design to the certified testing for static side slope stability and structural integrity.
IMPROVED BRAKE TORQUE – With our new disc brake option we have improved brake torque by 11%. So, when you need to stop, you stop.
NITROGEN BOTTLE STORAGE – The Striker® provides excellent access to the vertically stored nitrogen bottles for easy and safe removal and reloading.
Unsurpassed Reliability and Durability
Oshkosh vehicles are renowned for their reliability and durability–and the Striker® continues the tradition.
ACCESS – Service technicians told us that easy access to the engine compartment is critical. Open up the rear door on the Striker® and you will find an exclusive walk-in service port with easy access. And, if necessary, the entire powertrain can be removed for maintenance – without involving the water tank.
FILTER AND FLUID CHECK –The Striker® has a single, easy to access area with all filters and fluid checks including: engine oil, transmission fluid, and power divider fluid. One location means you can know, with confidence and in no time at all, that your Striker® is ready for action.
SERVICEABILITY – Well thought out and well designed electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic line routing means unsurpassed access to wires, oil, and air lines for faster diagnostic time.
24/7/365 SERVICE – Our worldwide after sales service dealer network is ready when you need us.
VISIBILITY – With 84 square feet of glass and a 238-degree horizontal viewing radius at eye level, the Striker® offers unparalleled visibility. Utilizing the Oshkosh center steer driving position, you will feel like you are in the cockpit of a fighter jet.
FORWARD VISIBILITY – We have improved your ability see the ground below you. NFPA requires you to see 20 feet out from the front bumper. The Striker® allows you to see 12.3 feet. You will have to sit in this cab to believe it.
ERGONOMICS – Completely redesigned cab instrumentation is logical and purpose built. Through extensive ergonomic research with users around the world, we observed how you used the vehicle and designed each control, switch, and instrument to be intuitive and ready when you are.
LOGICAL CONTROLS – Color-coded controls to clearly identify what function and/or what agent you are utilizing, allows you, quickly and with confidence, focus on the task at hand.
IMPROVED STORAGE – You said you needed more dedicated storage. We listened. With over 1.8 m3, the Striker® has plenty of room for everything you could possibly need.
- Top Speed: at least 112 km/hr
- Side Slope Stability (Static): ≥ 30°
- Gradeability: Ascend/descend a 50% grade
- Turning Diameter: 23.8 m
- 1207 cm length;
- 310 cm width US; 300 cm Europe
- ≤ 345 cm height without HRET overall
- Engine: Deutz TCD 697 HP 16.0 V8 Tier 4i/Euro 5 emissions compliant engine with 1,950 ft/lbs of torque at 1400 rpm
- Transmission: Allison 4800 EVS transmission; electronic; 7-speed; automatic
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Cab: Aluminum frame construction; seating for up to five; center steering position; wrap-around, cockpit style instrument panel; easy to read back lit gauges and controls
- Transfer Case: Oshkosh; independently mounted; with torque proportioning differential and driver selected locking mechanism
- Front Axle: 13152 kg; Oshkosh double reduction with bevel gear differential; driver operated differential lock (transverse and separate front to back)
- Front Brakes: Drum brakes standard (Rockwell Dual Actuator Air), Optional Disk Brakes Available (17” Rotor Bendix SN7 sliding caliper)
- Rear Axle: 2 x 14,090 kg: Oshkosh double reduction with bevel gear differential; driver operated differential lock
- Rear Brakes: S-cam type; air/drum brake standard, disk brake option available
- Suspension: Oshkosh TAK-4 independent system with dual control arms and single coil spring; up to 40.6 cm of wheel end travel; provides superior all-terrain mobility, improved ride quality and improved handling
- Air conditioning (60,000 BTU Cooling capacity)
- Heat (80,000 BTU Heating capacity)
- Tires: Michelin® 24R21 XZL
- GVWR: 39,463 kg
- Wheelbase: 678 cm
FIRE FIGHTING SYSTEM
- Roof Turret: Non-aspirating; electric joystick control; 2271/4732 lpm
- Bumper Turret: Non-aspirating; electric joystick control; 1136 lpm, higher flow turret options available
- Crosslays: Up to 2 crosslays with up to 300 ft of 1¾” hose
- Handlines (Foam/Water): Two preconnect type (one each side) with up to 46 m of 44 mm ID hose and a 473 lpm pistol-grip nozzle
- Water Tank: 5678 l capacity; constructed of corrosion and UV resistant polypropylene
- Foam Tank: 1590 l capacity; constructed of corrosion and UV resistant polypropylene
- Fire Pump: Power divider driven Waterous CRQB; single stage centrifugal; cast iron body; brass impeller; stainless steel shaft; pump and-roll capable; 7381 lpm at 1657 kPa
- Optional Waterous CRUQB high flow pump – 10,000 lpm
- Brass/Bronze pump optional
- Foam Proportioning System: Around the-pump
- Advanced Firefighting Technology Ready
- Ultra high pressure water
- High pressure water
- CAFS (Compressed Air Foam System)
This is a partial listing of major options. Additional and special request options are also available.
- Disc brakes (outboard mounted)
- Mechanical rear axle steering
- Central tire inflation
- Winterization system to -40º C
- Hydraulic generator: 10kW or 15kW options
- Auxiliary lighting
- High Reach Extendable Turret (HRET)
- High volume, fixed mount or low attack bumper turrets; 4732 lpm capacity
- Dry chemical system with single agent or dual agent handline, and/or primary turret discharge capability
- Central lube system
- Hydro-Chem™ direct injection, dry chemical nozzle for primary turret and/or dual agent handline discharge
- Halotron I system with single agent and dual agent handline, and/or HRET discharge capability
- Electronic Foam Proportioning